Tuesday, September 08, 2009

PowerPoint Tip: What’s new this fall

Summer is over for those of us who have kids. Our kids started back to school today and I know many others started back in the last few weeks. As children all over the world start discovering new ideas and embark on new learning adventures this month, I wanted to let you know about what is new for you this fall.

First, I’ve launched a new version of the seven day e-course that all new subscribers to the newsletter receive. It has been totally rewritten and the focus is on helping your PowerPoint presentations be more effective. It includes the latest ideas I have been working on and has links to resources for more detailed information. If you’d like to check it out (and I suggest you do), you can access all the lessons at http://www.ThinkOutsideTheSlide.com/ecourse.

Next, it is time to do my survey on what annoys you about bad PowerPoint presentations. I’ve done this survey every two years since 2003 and it always forms the basis of much discussion and insight. The chief reason people participate in the survey is because they want to see the results so that they can make sure they aren’t annoying their audiences. It only takes two minutes to complete, so go to http://sn.im/pptsurvey2009 and do it now. I’ll have the results in a newsletter next month.

I’ll also present the results at PowerPoint Live during my keynote address on the last day of the conference. If you don’t know about this gathering and you are serious about improving your PowerPoint skills and knowledge, you need to mark off Oct 11-14 in Atlanta, GA. Some of the things you’ll learn this year: how Cliff Atkinson is changing the world one deck at a time, how you can share your slides with others via the web, incredible design ideas and makeover examples from Julie Terberg, ideas on ways to use PowerPoint that you’ve never thought of with Glen Millar, Echo Swinford’s ideas on graphs and her sneak peak at what’s coming in PowerPoint 2010 and so much more. Get all the details and sign up at www.PPtLive.com – I’ll see you there!

I had a great summer and made some time for relaxing and recharging. I hope you had an opportunity to do likewise. I am looking forward to ramping up again now that the kids are back in school and I look forward to sharing many more ideas with you on how you can improve the effectiveness of your PowerPoint presentations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick A. said...

I'll be there too... :-)



Rick A.
PPTLive Host

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home